Rex Bontrager <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Oct 90 16:12:32 EST
When deleting class accounts at the end of semesters, we (Purdue
University) have never attempted to delete any subscriptions for these
accounts from any LISTSERVs, not even our own ("shame on you"
acknowledged :-) ). We now desire to implement such a step in our
end-of-semester procedure, so I am requesting advice on how to most
efficiently perform the process. I am aware of the LISTSERV batch-job
technique to delete many subscriptions in one shot, but is this
desirable when 99% of 3000 ids will have no subscriptions anywhere? Is
there a way to query remote LISTSERVs with "who, from my site, has a
subscription on your LISTSERV?", and then send a batch job to delete
just those ids?

Rex Bontrager
IBM Systems Programmer, IBM Postmaster, Bitnet TechRep
Purdue University Computing Center
Math Science Building, Room 240
West Lafayette, IN   47907
U.S.A.