"Stephen C. Nill" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:46:41 -0700
Dear Colleagues,

We are running LISTSERV Classic 1.8d and LSMTP 1.1b on an NT 4.0 Server
platform.

For several years, I have used a company called Namesecure
(www.namesecure.com) for email forwarding to LISTSERV, in the following
manner:  When someone sends an email to, say, [log in to unmask], it
is automatically forwarded to an address that I designate.  Since we have a
list called GRANTS, right now it forwards the email to
GRANTS@[216.161.15.105].  216.161.15.105 is the IP address of the LISTSERV
and LSMTP servers.  Listserv then handles it as usual.  Another example is
[log in to unmask] is forwarded to
LISTSERV@[216.161.15.105].  Note:  I do not have a DNS service set up for
our NT machine; I have never done that and would have to read up on it (if
necessary).

Now, however, Namesecure informs me that it is going to discontinue its
email forwarding services.  Namesecure has offered to set up an MX record
that would point to 216.161.15.105, the IP address of the LISTSERV and
LSMTP servers.

I'm not familiar with MX record setup but I like the sound of this
change.  I can really use any advice and pointers in setting this up,
including steps to be taken and pitfalls to watch out for.  Also, is there
an alternative I'm not seeing?  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Kindest regards,
Steve

S T E P H E N   C.  N I L L,  J.D.
Founder and CEO