Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 May 2001 13:57:20 -0400
I've noticed that sometimes the mail reader does not show me a bottom banner when the message is mixed HTML, but the banner is present in the message though.  Does your mail reader give you an option to view the messages in a 'raw' format?

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/16/01 01:34PM >>>
I have a list for which postings are not getting the top or bottom banners
attached at all.  Both of the banners exist, and the bottom banner was
attached successfully to the first list posting (there was no top banner
at the time).  No posting since has been "bannered" (there have only been
two or three).

Some information that might be helpful in trying to figure out this
problem: first, the initial posting was sent in plain text, whereas
subsequent postings are being sent in both text and HTML.  Second, the
"Editor" of this list, as configured in the header, is actually another
LISTSERV list, which appears in "Approved-By" headers in the list posting.
The "From" address belongs to an individual (who is listed in another
"Approved-By" header.  I admit to not knowing exactly how it works so
smoothly, but the postings go through OK.

Can anyone help with this?  Or point me to the appropriate archive or page
in the manual (though I haven't found a solution either place yet)?  It's
important that these banners start showing up.

Thanks,
Kathy Montgomery
University at Albany