Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:26:00 EST
On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:59:11 -0500 Listserv Manager said:
>I have a list with the Validate keyword set to NO. When ADDing a new
>subscriber, I still receive the command confirmation request (OK
>mechanism). According to the manual this should not be happening. Is this
>a problem with 1.8c (NT), or is there some other explanation for this
>behavior?

Per the manuals (I think) and the release notes (I'm sure) if you are
using a web browser mail client (or a client that LISTSERV thinks is a
web browser mail client), you will be requested to "OK" any commands
you send regardless of the setting of "Validate=".  You can turn this
off server-wide with

WEB_BROWSER_CONFIRM=0

in your site configuration file (under unix, don't forget to export) and
restarting the server.

Now that I look I don't think this did get into the 1.8c manuals, but I've
added it to the master for the 1.8d manuals (which is why my confusion).

Nathan