Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 14 Jan 88 11:42:00 SET
From Phil:

>Your question just clued me in to  the problem. CARD DUMP, at least the older
>version, does NOT update the look aside area for faster command search in CMS
>release 4 (as opposed to not having this in rel 3). The new CARD DUMP totally
>croaked on  rel 3  so I  didn't use  it, and I  guess I  never got  around to
>changing to the new  one once we went to release 4 for  good (over a year ago
>now I think).
>
>Anyway, LSVDBASE  is certainly there. Had  the proper CARD DUMP  been used it
>would perhaps not  have crashed LISTSERV. Also, and ACCESS  on the disk would
>have cleared it.

Forty-sixth issue:  IF YOU STILL HAVE  THE SP3 VERSION OF  CARD MODULE, please
get yourself the SP4 version (well,  unless you're running SP3 of course). You
run the risk of completely destroying your disk if you use SP3 CARD under SP4.

The DIST2 test I sent yesterday seems not to have worked, to say the least. It
appears that some  of the servers duplicate every recipient  they are asked to
send to,  while some  don't and  work normally. This  shouldn't result  into a
loop, and I have indeed got a  series of VIA check messages from some servers,
but if your entry went through N servers, it may have been duplicated N times.
Sorry about that, I'll try to have the problem fixed today. Since FRMOP22 will
be down all weekend and I won't be  there tomorrow, I must send a fix today or
next week (probably not before next wednesday) :-(

  Eric