Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Aug 2022 17:44:31 +0000
Update:

The Exchange Admin unset the TNEF Option, (back to NULL), and suddenly, attachments are being distributed to the list. Ie: Listserv stopped "Removing unwanted MIME message part”...

Thanks for suggestions, this list has been a lifesaver in the past, and maybe discussion of this issue will help someone else, in the future.

Steve dePinet					Northern Arizona University

Systems Programmer, Sr.			Box 5100

Information Technology Services	Flagstaff, Az 86011

[log in to unmask]			(928) 523-6843

> On Aug 3, 2022, at 10:27, Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Of course, I saw all of that when I added the Attachments keyword via the web interface. Since there’s no size limit specified, the default would be assumed, not sure what that is, but would hope that the error message would indicate that it was a size issue, not a type issue.

> BREAKING NEWS!

> One of my Exchange Admins just told me that they made a change (in Exchange) on the 29th, Something about Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF). It had been set to NULL, they were asked by Micro$oft to set it (I wasn’t informed what it was set to, but the just unset it, so I’ll be testing that and will let the list know.

> FYI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/content-conversion/tnef-conversion?view=exchserver-2019

> talks about TNEF...

> Steve dePinet					Northern Arizona University

> Systems Programmer, Sr.			Box 5100

> Information Technology Services	Flagstaff, Az 86011

> [log in to unmask]			(928) 523-6843

>> On Aug 2, 2022, at 15:45, deb cady <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Also have you checked sizelimit?  Maybe the attachemnts are too big?

>> If set, this keyword causes LISTSERV to reject all messages to the list that exceed the number of lines (including the email headers) indicated. You may also use "K" or "M" to specify the size in kilobytes or megabytes rather than as a number of lines, for example, "Sizelim= 50K".

>> This can be helpful in discouraging subscribers from posting large messages or attachments to your list. It can also be set higher than the LISTSERV default if desired. Check with your LISTSERV administrator before changing this upward.

>> Deb

>> On Tuesday, 2 August 2022 at 02:33:15 pm GMT-7, Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> So, setting "Attachments=All” does not solve the issue, and I have 3 other list owners with the same complaint today, Any Idea what’s going on? Did Microsoft change something in Exchange? The Mime type for the one that failed with Attachments=All was Content-Type: multipart/mixed; but since it was ALL, I would think that that doesn’t matter.

>> Steven J Depinet Systems Administrator, Sr.

>> [log in to unmask] Technology Services

>> (928) 523-6843Northern Arizona University

>>> On Aug 2, 2022, at 08:38, Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> Greetings,

>>> Since the upgrade to Listserv v17.0 (and/or whatever changes to Exchange that may have been applied), I’ve had a few complaints that attachments did not get sent to a list. Neither list has the “Attachments-“ keyword, but in both cases, the list owner has stated that they have sent attachments thru the list in the past. Was there a change in the default? The doc doesn’t specify a default explicitly, but “Attachments=no” is listed first in the help…  Since neither list had the keyword, I tried adding “Attachments=yes” to one list. The same issue, the Listserv log shows: “...Removing unwanted MIME message parts…”.

>>> For the same list that i tried “Attachments=yes”, I tried “Attachments=all”, but haven’t heard what effect that has yet.

>>> Was there a change in default behavior for attachments for v17.0 (from v16.5)?  Should the “Attachments=all” work for .pdf and .docx attachments? Or do I need to add the MIME-Types?

>>> Thanks,

>>> http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1