David Nessl <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 18:50:50 -0500
On Tue, 21 Feb 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 1995 16:03:16 -0500 David Nessl <[log in to unmask]> said:
> >Actually,  this  SPAM  detection  seems   to  also  be  related  to  our
> >multiply-nested lists.  ...
> I had thought of that, ...
> The best I could do would be to
> ignore messages that come from another list at the same host. If you have
> sublists organized  as a tree, you  don't really need spam  detection for
> the sublists because the master list will protect you, so I don't see any
> harmful effect to disabling the spam detector for these lists (other than
> the inconvenience of having to edit many lists, of course).

Our nested (sub-)lists are all on the same host, so a long-term fix which
automatically disables SPAM detection for same-host sublists would be
appreciated.  But for now, I need to see explicit instructions ASAP for
turning off SPAM detection globally, plus how to turn off SPAM detection
per-list.  Then I'll temporarily turn off SPAM protection globally until I
can finish editing our hundreds of nested lists.  -david