Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:36:09 -0700
LISTSERV 14.5
VMS 7.3-2

What I'm trying to do at the moment is make lists that can be send to and
reviewed by anyone with an ssrl.slac.stanford.edu address or a
slac.stanford.edu address, and nobody else.

Here's what I thought would accomplish this goal:

In SITE_CONFIG.DAT:

LOCAL "*.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU"
MYDOMAIN "SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU"

In lists:

Subscription= By_owner
Ack= No
Service= Local
Confidential= Service
Validate= No
Reply-to= Sender
Review= Service
Send= Public

So I'd imagine that this would let anybody defined as LOCAL do reviews or send
to lists.

Apparently this is wrong; when a subscriber sends a REVIEW listname, she gets a
"you are not authorized" nastygram.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I do what I'm trying to do?

-- Alan

 Alan Winston --- [log in to unmask]
 Disclaimer: I speak only for myself, not SLAC or SSRL   Phone:  650/926-3056
 Paper mail to: SSRL -- SLAC BIN 99, 2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park CA   94025