"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:55:53 EDT
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:28:29 -0400 gwcarctr said:
>Thanks David, I had done exactly that earlier, and had switched it back to the
>correct group right after I realized my mistake.  However, at the time I had
>thought incorrectly that it would still go to the group that was listed at the
>time of submission, but it appears that it goes to the group listed at the time
>when the message actually posts.  The message just posted a few minutes ago and
>went to the right group.

Might I also suggest that a "HOLD listname" would also allow you to work
in a more leisurely pace when you are trying to prevent something foolish from
happening without doing something that could cause even more problems.
Similarly, an OFFLINE will stop the whole darn thing.  Being able to think
things through may help.

/ahw