Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 10 Apr 1987 13:45 SET
  Technically  the thing  can be  done:  I can  DISTRIBUTE  a job  to all  the
LISTSERVs with some command  in it, and a dataset that  contains stuff in CARD
DUMP format to  be loaded unto the server. The  postmaster could configure his
server  to  either transfer  the  stuff  to his  account,  or  have it  loaded
automatically. In the latter case a re-IPL would be immediately performed.

  Two problems:

1) People  who are still running  an old release  of the server that  does not
   know that special command would just purge the file. I would have to keep a
   list of those servers and send shipments to them in the normal way.

2) I'm not going to lose time on that if everybody is going to disable it. :-)

So, how many  people would be interested  in this feature? I will  write it if
more than 25 people are interested.

  Eric