Patrick von der Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:00:40 +0200
Am Dienstag, den 19.07.2005, 14:05 +0200 schrieb U. Giese:
[...]
> 19 Jul 2005 13:52:31 Processing file 0001 from MAILER@.....
> SPAM> From: "test" <xxx@xxx>
> SPAM> Subject: test 2
> SPAM> SCAN TEST-LIST
> SPAM> SpamAssassin score: 0.1/5.0 (elapsed: 3.34 sec, size: 2k)
> 19 Jul 2005 13:52:34 -> Removing unwanted MIME message parts...
> SPAM> From: "test" <xxx@xxx>
> SPAM> Subject: test 2
> SPAM> SCAN TEST-LIST
> SPAM> SpamAssassin score: 0.1/5.0 (elapsed: 4.77 sec, size: 2k)
> 19 Jul 2005 13:52:39 Processing mail from xxx@xxx for TEST-LIST
> ... and now, finally, the mails is being processed ...
>
> when i understand this correctly, then the spamexit is for the
> same mail being called twice ?!?
Just guessing: listserv is actually handling two messages, one before
removing MIME-parts and one after that removal. Something like "the
first mail is scanned and MIME-parts re removed. Then this message is
re-injected as a new message to the listserv-queue and the message still
containing MIME is discarded. The second mail (without MIME) is
re-injected in the queue without keeping state-information, thus it has
to be scanned again".

In that case, the spam-filter would be even worse, than I expected.
Scanning is not just serialized, but can happen several times for a
single message. Well, as long as you don't have lots of traffic....

--
CU,
   Patrick.