Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Mar 1992 11:48:56 +0100
On Sun, 1 Mar 1992 19:21:00 EST Peter Molnar <MOLNARP@IUBVM> said:

>  I don't understand why Listserv isn't recognizing the (CTL option when
>I request the filelist. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Oh, it  does. What happened is  that someone, well before  your GET (CTL,
obtained the  filelist via  GET and  tried to PUT  it. After  getting the
message you  mentioned, he  got angry and/or  frustrated and  replaced it
manually on LISTSERV 191. The contents  of the file are now incorrect and
information has been lost; LISTSERV will refuse to replace it even if you
follow the "right" procedure, because it detects the format error. I will
send you the default LISTSERV FILELIST.

  Eric