Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Jun 2016 14:53:43 -0400
On 6/12/2016 12:33, Phil C. wrote:
> First is that, when one of our a member of the list tries to send to the list, he does not get the message. He however can get a confirmation email saying that his message has been distributed to the list. Is there a way or configuration we can set to enable receiving of messages when you are a member of the list sending to the list.
This can be a couple of things.  First make sure the options for the users are both ACK and REPRO,
unless the ACK that s/he is receiving is not wanted when the REPRO is functioning (which it may not IF
...)

Some users' email systems "know" that a SENT message is the same as the RECEIVED message and will not
show it.  From what I understand, this may happen to AOL users as well as (possibly) GMAIL.  In which
case, the ACK option serves functionally the same purpose of the user knowing that a message was
processed and is most likely being distributed at nearly the same time.  If this is the case, have the
user apply filters to outbound messages to store in the appropriate folder.
> Second, when our sender sends a message to two list simultaneously, the recipients both members to the list only gets 1 message. Regardless if the sender put the two list address either in the TO or CC field. The recipients only gets 1 message. It supposed to be 2 messages. Is there a special setup on lsfot server for this. As usual sender gets two email confirmation that his/her messages was distributed to both lists.

Again, the same message to two lists have same internal message-id ID and the users' mail system
reduces the processing overhead of dups.

[Future correspondence on list (not listserv) configurations probably should be sent to lstown-l which
is we owners generally respond look for messages about list usage and parms.]

Pete Weiss