Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:06:05 -0500
At 13:59 12/29/2008 Monday, Ron Beatteay wrote:
>I'm moving my list to another server,, is there
>some documentation that can help me make the
>move?
>
>Currently I'm using LISTSERV(R) for unix version
>15.0 with a license for 5 lists.

I remember a couple of years ago when I switched one commercial list from one ISP to a L-Soft hosted virtual domain.  I recall packaging up all of the archives, the list definiton+subscribers, WELCOME, FAREWELL, and MAILTP into a ZIP.

L-Soft unpacked and modified the list definiton for the new hosted solution.  It was surprisingly quick for them.

Then the hard part started: changing text in the various files to reflect the new host; DNS updates, warning users (ahead of time) to update their anti-spam or mail filters, etc.

/P