Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 May 90 18:31:55 O
>Does the  same hold true  substituting "list  owner" for "users"  in the
>above?

Yes. Basically,  what will  NOT work is  postmasters (who  probably won't
want  to send  commands via  mail  anyway, since  this requires  password
validation) and all  the other similar configuration  file variables like
privileged mail forwarding users, etc. There  would be too many places in
the code  to change,  and potential  problems in case  of troubles  - the
postmaster list is  ALSO an "emergency bosses" list. It  works for users,
owners,  NAD's,  list  editors,   FAC  codes,  and  DISTRIBUTE/best  peer
placement. I haven't  found any satisfactory way to make  it work for the
support  of  the LOCAL  variable  in  mail distribution  with  "Mail-via=
DIRECT" and non-BSMTP headers - I mean,  I know how to write the code but
the performance impact would be too much,  I prefer to keep it the way it
is now.

Unfortunately I  lost friday-monday  on a hardware  disk problem  (as you
might have seen on LINKFAIL), and today  on a series of meetings. I guess
I have 2-3 days of work left.

  Eric