Fred Dayton <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 May 1991 17:11:59 LCL
We are currently running a fairly upto date version of 1.6E under CMS7.
When we migrated to SP-6 from SP-5 we kept around an old CMS 5 to run
listserv.  We migrated to VM/ESA (370 option) in March and just let the
old CMS 5 hang around.  Too many other things to worry about.

Last week, after talking with Eric, we brought up listserv on CMS 7 to see
what would happen.  We are running it in a 6MB virtual machine and without
any auto-reboot to clean up free storage.  I must admit we are not a
major listserv hub so are traffic is nothing like PUCC or someone of that
size.

So far we have had no problems with listserv under CMS 7.  I have kept Eric
up to date on the situation.  My feeling is that CMS 7 much cleaner than
CMS 6.  We had a lot of things work better under 7 than we did under 6
even with a reel of patches.

In general if you are moving to ESA/370 you should be pleased with the
installation and be releaved to find very few APARS against it compared
with SP-6.  Your only concern would be if you are running any of the
Systems Center VMCenter or VMCenter II products.  If you are you should
contact them BEFORE migrating to VM/ESA.

-Fred-