Frans-Jozef Sprengers <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Sep 90 17:05:52 MET
L.s.,

When I TELL LISTSERV:
GET listname LIST pw=what_so_ever
then LISTSERV will deliver me the LIST if:
1. the password is correct i.e. 'what_so_ever'=list_password
   in case of Validate=All commands
2. Validate=Store-only
   In the second case LISTSERV will not warn me if my password
   'what_so_ever'^=l_password.

So I think I have the correct list_password but when I do
a PUT listname LIST PW=what_so_ever, LISTSERV begins to bark
that it is not the correct password! (And I: but you send me
the stuff LISTY ?!  ;-) )

Perhaps LISTSERV should better warn me about that 'what_so_ever'
is wrong as a password, but that LISTNAME LIST yet will be sent
because Validate=Store-only.

Kind regards,
~Frans-Jozef~