Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:58:26 -0500
Yes, unsubscribe the user.  Such messages are a true waste of bandwidth and
other folks time.  Often the user (or sysadmin) has no idea what they have
foisted onto the "net."  Usually, a gentle reminder, along with one of the
explanations that appear here (or probably LSTOWN-L) go a l-o-n-g way in
resolving the issue.  CCMAIL has been mentioned as a leading offender.

Alternatively, set the subscriber to DIGEST to reduce the frequency,
assuming DIGEST is an option.

/Pete Weiss

--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA