"Duane D. Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Sep 90 14:58:42 EDT
On Fri, 28 Sep 90 19:55:56 O Eric Thomas said:
>>The list EDTECH@OHSTVMA already has a subscriber with the name Tak(eshi)
>>Utsumi. Listserv receives a forwarded subscribe request for a user, with
>>the name Tak(eshi) Utsumi.
>
>I don't understand the problem: are you wondering why you are getting the
>subscription request N times, or why the user is subscribing from several
>accounts with the same  name? In both cases I don't  know the answer, but
>unfortunately  duplicated (er,  zillion-icated) files  have become  quite
>common recently.
>
>  Eric
This is not a situation of the same user trying to subscribe using
differnet addresses, or the user making the same request several times.

The situation is a different user sending a subscribe request, which
is forwarded by another Listserv. Somehow, the person's name is not being
forwarded correctly or whatever.   At one point, this list had about 5
different users, all with different addresses, with all of the
subscriptions containing the same personal name.

Duane