Nick Laflamme <DPL1646@IRISHVM>
Wed, 20 May 87 12:14:05 EST
I strongly suspect that if somehow we only used AFD for distributing
KERMIT via LISTSERV, our problems would be very minimal, both in terms
of network impact and in terms of complexity.  If you aren't worried
about GET (and if AFD can use DISTRIBUTE, which is coming or already
is the case?) then only one LISTSERV has to have the KERMIT files and
can send them at its idea of night in its time zone.  As Eric said,
DISTRIBUTE does shade the priorities, so that takes care of that
problem.  If you have two LISTSERVs with the KERMIT files, you can
have two definitions of night- one in Europe, one in North America.

Eric, how difficult would it be to save up GETs until whenever AFDs
are processed?  I guess we still need GETs so that a new site can get
a file before the next AFD, but maybe those some from something besides
a LISTSERV?