Benjamin Chi <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:37:44 EST
The mail below documents an attempt by [log in to unmask] to send
mail to a WX-TALK subscriber.  A "REVIEW WX-TALK" shows the person to be
subscribed as
rv0271%rain@ALBNYDH2                     Rich Vertigan
How then, and by whom, is this address being transmuted into the undeliv-
erable address  [log in to unmask] (see Subject: line above)?
                                             /b
>From uacsc2.albany.edu!vmd.cso.uiuc.edu!owner-wx-talk  Tue Jan 25 11:22:43 1994
Date:     25 Jan 94 09:27:57  EST
Sender: WX-TALK General weather discussions and talk <UIUCVMD!WX-TALK>
To: Recipients of WX-TALK digests <VMD.CSO.UIUC.EDU!WX-TALK>
>From: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  WX-TALK Digest - 23 Jan 1994 to 24 Jan 1994

Replies to this note should be sent to:

 WX-TALK General weather discussions and talk <WX-TALK@UIUCVMD>

The note was actually started by:

     Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>

Topics of the day:

  1. Narragansett Bay is freezing over!
  2. Goverment Wx Publications
  3. Tropical_Cyclone_Update_129
  4. Cloud Heights
  5. New Weather Gopher!
  6. All-time cold in Michigan
  7. rain in ca!
  8. <No subject given>
  9. mail list

Date:    Mon, 24 Jan 1994 08:53:19 EST
>From:    Scott Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Narragansett Bay is freezing over!

According to the Providence Journal, upper Narragansett Bay (north of
the Jamestown and Newport Bridges) has frozen over, disrupting travel
into the port of Providence (now daytime-only shipping is allowed) and
some ferry service to Prudence Island.

The last time the bay froze over was in 1978.

scott
--
The only other sound's the sweep of easy wind and downy flake

Scott Lindstrom  [log in to unmask]  401 792 6516