David Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:56:42 -0400
Dear Listserv Users,

How do you deal with a subscriber who subscribes two or more times using different CASE in their mail address?

For example, Joe Blow signed up with:

This person has only one address but I have two entries on my list.  The difference is they used upper and lower case in the second entry.  This also results in a subcriber getting two pieces of mail for each note that goes out.  Any fixes for this??

And it gets worse if they sign up more than 2 times with variations on this theme.  Listserv detects some of this but signs them up anyway with multiple entries.

--David Hopkins
  www.ers.usda.gov