"Juan M. Courcoul" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Aug 1992 12:34:06 CST
On Mon, 17 Aug 1992 08:30:50 CST you said:

>Our LISTSERV has several list archive files on its A-disk that we would
>like moved to another LISTSERV minidisk.  We created a 200 disk as
>suggested in Ben Chi's FSV GUIDE, but we are unsure how to proceed.

For starters, I suggest keeping things simple and accessing the 200
disk statically, by adding the ACCESS command to the PROFILE EXEC, say
ACCESS 200 G.

Then, you can copy all the log files over to that disk, change the list
header (in the XXX LIST file) to point to the other disk, as in:

*  Notebook= Yes,G,Monthly,Public

The DBINDEX and DBNAMES files you can erase, and have the server regen
them on the new disk.

After you restart the server, I suggest you execute the following two
commands either on the console or via TELLs from the postmaster account:

REFRESH  listname
DB REFRESH listname

One last thing before I go: be sure to add the new disk to the MDISK and
CHECKMDISK variables in the LOCAL SYSVARS file, so the server issues a
timely warning if the disk fills up, instead of failing unexpectedly.

Hope this helps.

JMC