Nick Laflamme <DPL1646@IRISHVM>
Wed, 18 Mar 87 08:15:44 EST
So, you disallow QUIET SIGNOFF!  I'm willing to risk the UREP jerk if
I at least know he's hit me.  What's the worst that happens if I get
a note that I got signed off?  I have to find some archives, maybe, and
have the list owner sign me back on if subscriptions aren't open.

Are you worried about the UREP hacker signing everyone from PROFS-L up
for TEX-L, to take a list at random?  That seems to be just as bad a
problem- it increases the network load something fierce!

I agree UREP could be a pain in the a**.  Don't throw out the baby with
the bathwater!

Nick