Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:47:00 -0600
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:52:08 -0400, Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What exactly are the X-TICKET actions in the Listserv log?  Trying to
>track down a case of a subscriber getting repeatedly removed from a list
>and they are always preceded by an X-TICKET action.
>
>Is that a web version of the "OK" mechanism, or is it perhaps a tag for
>tracking bounces?

With version 16, Mail-merge defaults to 'on' and automatic 'unsubscribe'
BOTTOM_BANNERS are created automatically whenever you create a new list. The
'unsubscribe' URL in that bottom banner uses an X-TICKET action to
accomplish this.  The generated TICKET code is unique and different for
every recipient (this is why the list must be configured with Mail-Merge=
Yes).  Because the TICKET code is unique the command is self-confirmed when
executed and requires no further confirmation.

As to issue of the subscriber being auto-deleted, we have found a couple of
anti-spam/anti-virus filter applications that test every link in an email
message body by essentially 'clicking' on it.  This has caused frequent
auto-deletion at 2 sites.  You might ask the user in question to consult
with his mail system folks to see if their filter application does this and
if so, what might be done about it.

You can also change the BOTTOM_BANNER link from the X-TICKET version
(offers the one-click unsubscribe of X_TICKET or a 2 click unsub if you have
mail-merge= No)

.BB (&LITEFE = 0) and (&KWD(MAIL-MERGE,1) = YES)
&*TICKET_URL(&LISTNAME_ENCODED,SIGNOFF);
.ELSE
&WA_URL;?SUBED1=&LISTNAME_ENCODED&A=1
.EB

to this (which is used on LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L and offers both mailto: and
clickable URL, but the URL is not one-click)