elizabeth wasserman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:43:43 -0500
hello:

i just did a web search and came across your address.  as a typically poor
twentysomething,  i am hoping to find a host for a mailing list that will
either be free or involve a minimal cost.  here are the details on what i
would like to do:

mailing list subject: discussion on soul coughing, an up-and-coming band
from new york city.  the band members are very internet-savvy, and
interested in communicating with people via the internet (they already have
a strong presence on AOL, but we're finding that many college-age fans
can't afford it, so we'd like to change venues so to speak).

proposed name: soulcough

target audience: fans of this band.  i would guess that intially we're
talking 100 people or so, although this is very difficult for me to gauge.
i will admit that the fan base is growing, so this is a list that probably
will grow with it.

estimated number of messages: again, hard to gauge, but i'm guessing maybe
5-10 small ones per day -- that's based on the traffic on the band's AOL
board, which is unusually high right now probably because the band has a
brand new record out.  this will probably taper off.

~~~~~

if there's not a non-commercial solution here, i'd be interested in
commercial possibilities that might have a reasonable price-tag attached.

in any event, i am forever grateful for any help you can offer ... it's
been difficult finding *anyone* with any helpful information on this
subject.

many thanks,

elizabeth