"Emsley, I (Iain)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:00:01 +0100
Doesn't an FF upgrade take all the data from the earlier version hence
it would have added in the cookies stored from last time in the previous
version?

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stan Horwitz
Sent: 30 July 2007 14:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Firefox with LISTSERV

On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Jesus Alonso Rivas y Rivas wrote:

> if you are using cookies, just delete all cookies and restart firefox.
>
> Stan Horwitz wrote:
>> A problem was just brought to my attention by someone on our help
>> desk where Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP Pro (with all updates
>> installed) isn't working properly with Linux LISTSERV 14.5
>> confirmations. If you have Firefox 2.0.0.5 as your default web
>> browser and you click on the link within a confirmation request to
>> complete the process, such as resetting a password, Firefox
>> 2.0.0.5 never finishes loading the confirmation web page. I just
>> installed Firefox 2.0.0.5 on my Windows XP Pro machine and I see the
>> same problem when I tried to reset the LISTSERV password for one of
>> my test accounts. I don't know if this situation is true on other
>> editions of Windows.
>>
>> If I open up the same confirmation request message using Mac OS X
>> 10.4.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.5. It works fine.
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, is there a
>> workaround?

Wow! That worked. I have no idea why though because I tried it on a
fresh Firefox install, so there shouldn't have been any cookies to
reset.

--
Stan Horwitz
Temple University

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail,
including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is the
property of, Temple University. The information is intended for use
solely by the individual or entity named in the e-mail. If you are not
an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any review,
printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete this e-mail from your system.