Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:57:40 -0400
On 6/20/2007 17:22, David Phillips wrote:

> I probably stated that poorly.  As I understand it, the black mark is
> not against the server where "[log in to unmask]" sent the
> mail, but from the server where the instance of listserv is running.
>
> If that's not correct, or nonsensical, I give up at least until I feel
> a lot better.

The black mark is against the non-AOL server that delivered the message to
an AOL server. That may or may not be the server on which the list is
hosted. Even if we assume that the AOL customer who submitted the spam
complaint is subscribed to the list by his/her AOL address, it is still
possible that the black mark would be against some other server. It depends
on whether the list server is configured to deliver messages directly to
external domains, or to route those messages through another server.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team