Bob Jackiewicz 312-413-1258 <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:40:24 -0600
Yes, this is true. I would submit for the next realase to change the error
message to read something like:

The DATABASE function has not yet been ported to this environment. Use
SEARCH instead.

It will at least show people that there is an alternative to DATABASE, and
it will spare admins (like me!) from answering the same question dozens of
times.

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:

> Don't use the DATABASE JCL (the "wrapped" text), but instead
> use the only two commands (no '//'s)
>
> SEARCH
> GETPOST

Bob Jackiewicz            UIC Academic Computer Center           [log in to unmask]
University of Illinois at Chicago                            Network Services