Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 21:47:27 MST
On Mon, 21 Mar 1994 23:40:16 EST Benjamin Chi said:
>I just posted mail to a list (that I own) and got back the message "List
>XXX is held.   Distribution of your mail file is postponed."  Anybody
>know what this means?
>                                             /b

It means exactly what it says.  The most common reason is that it has
reached the maximum number of msgs per day for which it is set.  The
list owner will eventually free it, probably in the morning, and your
msg will get tossed to the list.  If it is held for some other reason,
the listowner will deal with the problem when s/he can get to it.

cyclops

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     Bitnet:   ALILESTE@IDBSU
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523