"Swanson, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:30:24 -0500
        > Has anyone had any success in running Listserv 1.8d on a Unix
box with
        > qmail involved as the mail transport agent instead of
sendmail?  We run
        > Listserv on a separate system and since installing qmail late
yesterday
        > afternoon, commands that are e-mailed to listserv simply come
into the
        > listserv account as e-mail, but they never get executed. On
the other
        > hand, messages that are sent to actual lists for distribution
are handled
        > properly and in very short order.

Did you ever get this working?  My apologies for the delay (and if this
was already answered -- I didn't see it).

The trick is to make aliases for your various list addresses go to
lsv_amin.  Since my listserv box is primarily listserv, I just made
lsv_amin the default alias by putting:

|preline /usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /usr/listserv/spool $LOCAL

in the file /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-default (of course, you should put
it whereever your alias dir is and change the listserv paths as
appropriate).  Note that I use 1.8c, not 1.8d, but I can't imagine that
L-Soft did anything significantly weird to lsv_amin between the two
releases.

        > A message about this problem that I sent to the qmail list has
not yielded
        > any useful solutions.  If anyone knows how to get Listserv to
recognize
        This is not uncommon, as they would have you use ezmlm
exclusively.

Scott Swanson
Sysadmin, CTW Online
http://www.ctw.org/