"Herbert A. Huston" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Sep 90 16:57:00 EDT
>> I guess the  only "legal" solution for me now is  to load my TOD
>> clock with US time and use EDT :-)
>
>Ah, but there's always GMT!

I'm already on record elsewhere as recommending that all sites set their
TOD clocks to GMT, call it GMT, and be done with it (since that has not
been done at SCFVM, you may conclude (correctly) that I'm not in charge
here).  Furthermore, I am accepting wagers on this happening within my life
expectancy.  Just as railroads rendered local time obsolete, communications
satellites will do the same for zone time (Is that TV show from Australia
starting at 21:00 MY time or THEIR time?).

-- Herb

P.S. Please don't ask me when the U.S. will adopt metric measures.  Here at
NASA we've been required to use them for years (except for nautical miles).