"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:09:47 -0400
On 28 Aug 97 at 8:54, Louis wrote:

> Listserv 1.8c has a new feature allowing you to subscribe
> anonymously: SUB LISTNAME ANONYMOUS Which command should one issue
> to change this option back to the usual setting (that is the one
> created with SUB LISTNAME FIRSTNAME LASTNAME). Maybe this is not
> possible? Maybe one would have to signoff and subscribe anew? I know
> there is a command: REG FIRSTNAME LASTNAME, but that is not what I
> mean. This last command is for registering a name netwide.
>
> A very much related question: supposed you used the wrong name: SUB
> LISTNAME SOME WRONGNAME How can one set this right?

   You answered your own questions. :)  To change the name associated
with a subscription the subscriber would simply send the SUBSCRIBE
command again with their name included.  This also has the effect of
changing ANONYMOUS to full_name.  LISTSERV interprets the new
subscription request as a simple name change if it finds the address
requesting the subscription in the subscriber database for that list.

   Hope that helps.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.