Susan Bramhall <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Oct 1992 12:16:54 EST
I am not subscribed to this list so please, if you are able to help, reply to
me directly.

I have a problem with the listserv file of filetype "FILEID" which corresponds
to a filelist where we keep things for people to easily retrieve.  Because
we want people to be able to retrieve using FTP as well as listserv, we must
have the files stored under their correct names not renamed as listserv likes
to do when it maintains the fileid.  In the past I have edited the FILEID
by hand and then stored the files.  This is quite horrendous but at least it
worked.  Recently, however, I played the same trick and somehow the fileid
file keeps getting changed back.  The other thing which was changed was that
some of the files are stored packed, using the /p/ feature of the filelist.

I don't seem to have any reasonable documentation which tells me what I am
really supposed to do to make this work.  It was years ago that I set this
list up and I now use CMS only rarely.  Our listserv postmaster doesn't really
know anything about file server aspects.  I would appreciate any help and,
especially, any written documentation about how to maintain this file.

Many many thanks in advance,

    Susan Bramhall
    Yale University                         (203) 432-6697
    Computing & Information Services        [log in to unmask]
    Technology and Planning                 [log in to unmask]