Jacquie Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Jul 1992 17:18:21 CST
From: Jacquie Nicholson

We are in the process of implementing a change management system due to an
audit finding. The initial phase has been completed and requires that I
request a logon password and create an activity log. This is no problem.

The second phase is to remove all write passwords for production software
disks. I believe that this would cause major problems. Can anyone give me
specifics on what impact this would have on how the listserv operates?

Computing Affairs, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Faner Hall 2032                  (618) 453-6271