Oxford Eric Thomas <ET@UKACRL>
Fri, 31 Jul 1987 12:11 BST
  It DID take  me a lot of time,  what with the (old) DISTRIBUTE  bugs and the
fact that LISTSERV@CEARN  had SERVEd itself off and I  couldn't understand why
it kept  ignoring whatever I  entered from the keyboard,  but I did  manage to
send out the  1.5k update files "from" ERIC@FRECP11 to  those sites which were
not yet running 1.5j  at the time I sent out the update.  Part of the stuff is
still  waiting at  EARNET because  I have  foolishly let  DISTRIBUTE assign  a
priority of 60 to these (large) files,  which are therefore waiting for the 15
zillions recs prior  50 ones to get  through. I wish EARNET  had installed the
SIZEQ mod too.

  I must definitely find a way to  install a test LISTSERV somewhere so that I
can fix  those 2-3 bugs which  are becoming a  real pain. I *was*  supposed to
install a LISTSERV  at UKACRL but Paul  Bryant wants me to  finish the gateway
before because that's the  most important, so I don't think  I'll ever come to
do it. If I manage to find an 'idle' account with enough disk space (there are
plenty of them, but with only 2 cyls of  disk space :-( ), I'll just go on and
install a test server (without privs but that should be enough for my tests).

  Eric