Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:41:59 -0700
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:17:32 -0500, Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've been seeing reports like the following from subscribers attempting
>to use the "change" command via the WWW interface, and am wondering if
>anyone else has any experience with this.  Thanks.

Yes.  This is a LISTSERV 'feature'.  ;-)

The short version of the story is the subscriber cannot use the WWW interface to
confirm a CHANGE command.  It will fail everytime.  They can only confirm via
email.  Until a fix is made in the LISTSERV executable I suggest you make the
following modification to the DEFAULT.MAILTPL file in the CONFIRM1 template:

...[stuff before]
To confirm the completion of your &C, simply
.bb CHANGE NOT IN &CMD                             <== ADD New Line
.bb &WA_URL ^= ''
point your browser to the following URL:

.se MOREOPT
.bb &DEFINED(&LISTNAME) = 1
.se MOREOPT &&L=&LISTNAME
.eb
.ce &WA_URL;?OK=&CODE;&MOREOPT

Alternatively, if you have no WWW access, you can
.eb
.eb                                                <== ADD New Line
...[stuff after]

The effect of this change is to remove the (unworkable) URL from the
confirmation message, forcing the only way the answer can be done via email.