Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:44:39 -0600
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 10:33:37PM -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Most likely, the 'lsv' process is running with a too-low ulimit
> value for something.  On AIX, the offender was 'data seg size' -
> the default value of 128M was too low.  Other places likely to
> trip up are the ulimits for max memory size and cpy time...

Thanks for the reply.  Here's the output of ulimit.  Which of these
would you suggest increasing?

root@spitz(~)# ulimit -a
cpu time (seconds)         unlimited
file size (blocks)         unlimited
data seg size (kbytes)     524288
stack size (kbytes)        65536
core file size (blocks)    unlimited
resident set size (kbytes) unlimited
locked-in-memory size (kb) unlimited
processes                  1043
file descriptors           2088
unlimited

The only ones that look like they might get anywhere close to mattering
are 'data seg size' and 'stack size'.  The former is still quite a
bit more than the 128M that you mentioned.  How high did you have to go
with your setting?  This listserv handles four lists and a few hundred
subscribers.

As for the stack size, it doesn't seem like listserv would need more than
a 64K stack, but I'm willing to up it and give it a try.  Thanks for the
suggestions.

-Steve