"Plowinske, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:14:10 -0400
On Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:05 PM James Morrill wrote:

> > The downside is that for subscribers on both lists they would get a
> > digest from each list.
>
> If that's how you had each sub-list set.
>
> Which, I think, is why LISTSERV does it the way it does.  If you were
> subscribed to both sub-lists but only wanted one set to DIGEST, how
would
> the super-list know which option to pick if it was honoring your
options
> on the sub-lists?

I agree.  However if the subscriber settings are the same on both lists
there is no conflict.
But when they differ, there "could be" a priority order.  Say any
sub-list where you are set to MAIL would cause the Super-List to send
you e-mails and not a DIGEST.  I could understand picking one or the
other, that would be fine, instead of changing everyone to MAIL because
there "might be" a conflict in subscriber options on the sub-lists.

Thanks for the help,
Mike