Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 14:34:25 -0500
Trish,

Maybe I'm just being unclear, but only the last part of your message
seems to be responsive to my needs.  I am interested in allowing POSTS,
not subscriptions, from anonymous remailers.

> > I want to *allow* anonymous posts to my list Allergy at

>   If you mean that you want to permit postings from the anonymous
> e-mail server in finland (anon.penet.fi) which we have been
> discussing, you might want to contact the administrator there who
> goes by the name of 'Zarr' ([log in to unmask]).  They have a filter
> on their system which explicitly prohibits mail from 'listserv'
> to any of their anonymous 'clients'.  As was stated on this list,
> mail from 'listserv' goes to the administrator, not the subscriber
> who faked a subscription to your list.  Thus, any subscriber to your
> list from that site, 1. Had to subvert the system to sub to your list
> and, 2. Will never see mail distributed from your list.
\...\

I don't have any anonymous subscribers, never did, and don't intend to
allow them.  But I do allow ANYONE to post.

If one of my list members wanted to send an anonymous post, they wouldn't
need to be subscribed anonymously to be able to read the list and the
response to their anonymous post.  Hey, what if *I* want to send an
anonymous post to my list?  I think the advantages of anonymous privacy
are possibly being given short shrift here.

I'm sorry I was unclear, but I am still concerned that this filter =
Also, and FILTER_ALSO stuff seems to be removing the possibility of
anonymous POSTING along with the bathwater of anonymous subscribing.

 Pax,  Dave
Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 512/463-9321 #this too shall pass#