Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jun 1993 17:06:36 +0200
On Mon, 28 Jun 1993 00:42:15 -0400 Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>While the Newsgroup tag isn't  definitive (the responder may be replying
>to a list-to-USENET  presentation of a mailing list  article), there are
>other headers that  are pretty good hints. Such  as Expires, Supercedes,
>or Archive-Name tags (within the first couple lines of the body).

Interesting... However, before I make any  change to the code I need some
sort  of formal  assurance  that these  tags are  indeed  present in  all
(conformant)  usenet messages,  and are  not part  of any  current RFC822
extension.  In fact,  I  am  pretty sure  I  have  seen messages  without
'Supersedes:' or  'Archive-Name:' (I  understand you were  addressing the
particular problems  of FAQ, but I'd  like a solution that  works for all
usenet messages, rather than just FAQ files).

  Eric