Ulrich Giese <U001212@HNYKUN11>
Mon, 22 May 89 08:38:06 MET
On Sun, 21 May 89 16:16:13 EDT Juan M. Courcoul said:
>Greetings !
>
>Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask this, but since it affects the
>operation of the servers, I'll go ahead anyway.
>
>Logging on the postmaster account today, I found a VERS8900 NODEUPD file
>on the reader. According to the first lines, in supercedes all previous
>updates, including VERS8905 (which I received and applied last Wednesday).
>However, it does not include changes which were requested by nodes in
>Texas, so it does not have the June changes, and the numbering scheme
>looks rather odd.
>
>Could someone explain ? Is this a valid update, or is it better to wait for
>a VERS8906 file ?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Juan

i wrote this already to the NODMGT-L list. this month there are two ( 2 )
NODUPD files. first the 8905 NODUPD has only changes to EARN & NETNORTH
nodes (they arrived in time). last friday i got the updates for BITNET.
because their were some important changes, i decided (by request) to  ship
a second update (and called it VERS8900).
sorry for giving you more work than normal.
you have  to use BOTH files if you are updating BITEARN NODES and maybe
other servers.
-ulrich-