Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:21:43 -0400
I'm still having problems with this and I am hoping someone can help.

I have installed the Listserv 1.8c on a NT Server 4.0 (with an eval lak).
Listserv runs just fine when I run it as an application. When I switch it
over to run as a service, it stops responding to mail. It does receive it
and it does log it, it just leaves it in the spool directory instead of
delivering it. I am having trouble figuring out why. As an application it
won't automatically restart if there is a system crash, so I don't want to
leave this problem unresolved for too long. (And as soon as I get this
worked out I will purchase the appropriate licenses for the software.)

Listserv is running on a NT box (125MHz, 80MB RAM, 4GB HDD) that is set up
as a standalone server that is part of a network with another NT box that
is running as the primary domain controller. The listserv machine has been
assigned (so far) 3 IP addresses, two of which resolve out in a DNS (one of
which resolves out to the listserv domain of listserv.rsdnet.org).

I have created a basic account for listserv and given it full control over
the various listserv directories. I have it set up to start as a service
and log in as this listserv account. It appears to start normally and there
are no errors in the event log. Then everything appears to function except
the mail is not routed to my smtp server. Is there some reason why listserv
would route the mail to the smtp server when listserv is running as an
application and not when it is running as a service?

ANY help, ideas, suggestions, etc would be most gratefully accepted.

Karen Strauss