Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:07:47 -0500
For our last upgrade, I wrote three scripts. The upgrade script tars up old
version-specific files from the listserv, listserv/bin, and listserv/home
directories using an include list that I built by hand, installs new version-
specific files in their appropriate locations, issues several chown and chmod
commands, and invokes a cleanup script to delete *.html, default.*tpl, and
site.*tpl files from the web archives directory, so they will be rebuilt when
the service is restarted. The backout script restores the old version-specific
files from the .tar files created by the upgrade script, issues chown and chmod
commands, then invokes the same cleanup script.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator