"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 8 Aug 88 11:08:06 GMT
I found the  bug. 15N2 introduces support for FAL-like  mail, ie filetype
of NOTE  and RFC822  header. Thus,  the error  message is  different with
15N2. The  mailfile is successfully  parsed, and LISTSERV  complains that
the gateway is not officially registered  in DOMAIN NAMES. Since this may
also happen  to a user  whose local mailer  has not been  registered, the
message is sent  to the sending user and the  postmaster. After 10 times,
the  user gets  SERVEd out.  However,  what gets  served out  is the  NJE
address (since the  RFC822 one is illegitimate),  ie [log in to unmask] What
gets tested  against the list of  disabled users is the  "From:" address,
which is another  form of the same thing  (ie "[log in to unmask]" or
something like this). I have added another test against the NJE origin. I
sure wish  there was  a list  of internet  -> NJE  node mapping,  or even
better, a  tag in  BITEARN NODES  (but this  would take  10 months  to be
agreed upon and another 2 years to be implemented).

John: I sent you a fix (LSVRDR  EXEC), you'll have to reboot and to issue
a  'QUIET SERVE  MAILER@SLACVM' (for  other reasons  - now  it can't  get
served off any more, but this had not always been the case).

  Eric