Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:14:26 -0500
We are running listserv 15.5 on AIX on a machine with lots of disk and memory.  Server often crashes when the lists are searched.

At 3:03 PM -0500 2/27/08, Stan Horwitz wrote about Re: Lists with large archives:
>On Feb 27, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Bill Verity wrote:
>
>>We have several lists with very large archives -- over 400meg and/or over 10 years worth of mail.  When anything happens to these lists, it obviously strains the server and sometimes we crash.  Would there be any advantage to aggregating some previous years into single yearly files rather than monthly or weekly files.  There would be fewer files, but they would be larger.  It would certainly tidy up the various archive web pages.
>
>Bill, what Listserv version are you running and what's your OS and hardware environment? Also, what do you mean by "when something happens to these lists?"

I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)