Fri, 7 Aug 1992 19:24:00 EDT
Today we had a mailstorm on the PCSUPT-L@YALEVM list when all mailings to
[log in to unmask] were rejected and then recurrently redistributed!

Apparently [log in to unmask] creates an invalid From: line when
rejecting mail:   (use "<-->" instead of <-->)
     FROM: Pasarela EAN <--> PMDF <[log in to unmask]>

but I don't see why LISTSERV@YALEVM redistributed the
rejected mail to the list instead of redirecting it
to a postmaster.  What else is wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Jim Owen (for Postmaster@YaleVM)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Date:         Fri, 7 Aug 1992 14:52:21 LCL
Sender:       Forum for the discussion of PC user support issues
Comments:     <Parser> E: Mail origin cannot be determined.
Comments:     <Parser> E: Original tag was -> FROM: Pasarela EAN <--> PMDF
From:         Undetermined origin c/o Postmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Failed mail

Your message was not delivered. Diagnostics follow.

Message Recipients:
   [log in to unmask]: transfer failure -- MTA congestion

>Comments: <Parser> E: Mail origin cannot be determined.
>Comments: <Parser> E: Original tag was -> FROM: Pasarela EAN <--> PMDF

Your message was not delivered. Diagnostics follow.

Message Recipients:
   [log in to unmask]: transfer failure -- MTA congestion

----- Unsent message follows -----

<<<<< many recurrent rejection cycles like above/below deleted here >>>>>>