Dimitri Vulis <DLV@CUNYVMS1>
Thu, 19 Oct 89 14:51:00 EDT
I think the user's ability to 'squelch' another user (i.e. the possibility that
user A tells the LISTSERV that user B's submissions to a certain list should
not be redistributed to A) would be a very welcome addition to LISTSERV and I
would take advatnage of it right away. I subscribe to certain very active list,
and the first thing I do after entering MAIL is DIR and DEL everything coming
from certain people who seldom submit anything worth reading. I suspect that
this practice is very wide spread. Not having their mail distributed to me
would save me a minute every day, and also would cut down (perhaps
substantially) on network traffic.

My 2x12.5c's worth...

Dimitri Vulis
Department of Mathematics
City University of New York Graduate Center

(Proud owner of RUSTEX-L@UBVM, the Russian TeX list :)