David Alix <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:26:02 -0800
Hello-
I'm just getting back into running listserv, and have forgotten some of
the finer details.

We have several "announcement" lists that are posted to only once a
week or so.   They have the default auto-delete value set
(yes,semi-auto,delay(4),max(100)), so the owners will receive back a
list of bad addresses being monitored. However, those addresses are
never deleted, and each weekly posting simply returns the same list of
monitored addresses.

I think the problem is that the 4 day delay only works if there are
other postings within those four days.  If not, the monitored addresses
are cleared after 5 days, and each posting begins the monitoring
process over again.  Is this correct, or am I misunderstanding the
manual and monitoring message?

Thanks

David Alix
Information Systems & Computing