Marc Aurel <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:34:47 +0100
Dear LISTSERV-operators,

"The Zocalo" is the most popular eMail-newsletter for fans of the
US-SciFi-TV-Show "Babylon 5".  For the last two years the number
of subscribers has grown steadily and now the list is starting to
become too large for manual processing.

The newsletter is sent out on every monday in four parts, each
about 25-40k to (currently) 6000 subscribers, the majority living
in the USA.

At present the creators of "The Zocalo" use a regular Windows-MUA
to send the the newsletter to the fans, which is consuming about
2-2.5hrs of manual work every week, *not* counting many more hours
of list administration.

I volunteered to try to find a new home for the newsletter where a
specialized piece of software could do the work properly (and help
to get rid of some of the administration tasks).  After browsing
the FAQs I got the impression that the friendly LISTSERV community
is the best (and the only?) group to ask.

We would like to find a host where The Zocalo could find a home
for the next few years.  I hope there's some friendly SciFi-fan
out there.  We would be happy to put a "Sponsored by..." note in
the newsletter.

I've tried to find a helping hand on [log in to unmask], but
didn't receive any reply at all.  If there's anything I'm doing
wrong here - perhaps it's completely absurd to hope for a
volunteer because the list is huge or because the licence
agreement for the LISTSERV-software tells you not to support any
SF-show except for Star Trek<tm> - please let me know.  I'm
subscribed to this list, so please feel free to discuss this here,
perhaps it's of interest to other people lurking around.

This is the right list for this kind of request, isn't it?

--
Regards, Marc
<URL:http://www.saar.de/~bong/signatur.html>